Tuesday 5 November 2013

Meet Olga,our Russian Tortoise

Dear Family & Friends

When the girls joined the Scout Group summer camp this year, my little girl saw a tortoise whilst hiking in the forest. She so wanted to take it home but realized it was not possible as they got a few more days with their camping session. She was disappointed. But recently, a village grandfather gave them a tortoise, making her dream come true:)

So, Meet Olga, our Russian tortoise. She/he is settling in our garden..set loose, free to roam safely around our property as it's enclosed within four solid walls.


That's his/her humble house, under a heap of compost file!

Olga can have the organic weeds or plants growing around the garden.  Since she had been with us, we never fed her, so we don't really know what she eats or drinks....but, she is surviving. On sunny days, we get to see her have a stroll in the garden. Just hoping that we don't overlook her because she is very quiet in her travelling sessions.


Whilst squatting on the garden pavement, fully concentrating on potting and propagating my geraniums...I felt a nudge at my backside!! I stood up to check and I saw this brown thingy!! I didn't really know what it was at first glance. I screamed in fright, so loud that my girls thought I was stung by a wasp! I nearly died of heart attack by a harmless, peaceful tortoise of all things!!

Well, Don't you think having a tortoise can make one's gardening life more exciting?!

Yours

3 comments:

  1. Annie , Olga's settling well in her new abode .... by scaring you lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Annie! I just knew I had commented on your turtle! Hmmm... Anyway thanks for popping in to see me and I hope you're doing well.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat! I like the name...but are you sure it's girl?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Although I do not have the time to reply to everyone of them on a constant basis, but, I do read every comment and appreciate it all.