This boxwood has grown so big that it was time to downsize it...mainly because we also need a wider passage way as we proceed with installing a garden wash basin just next to it.
So, the boxwood had to be chopped to ...half it's size!
|This was after we chopped in down in half.|
We managed to retrieve at least a 100 or so boxwood plants with strong roots. We decided to replant them in containers, and later...perhaps we could start shaping it as mobile topiary in pots.
|Boxwood stems with strong roots were retrieved to be replanted|
We bought 10 litre size plastic builders' bucket as oppose to a proper claypot planter, which would have been nice...but, builder's bucket is much cheaper and we needed a lot!
|A good soil with added compost should help these planted grow in their buckets|
To save pot containers, we also had to put as many plants per pot. Some were planted directly in the garden, in lines of 24 plants... a lot of it was shared with our neighbours too.
|A few boxwood planted in container, and more to go...|
It was good fun! For a while we thought we were opening up a nursery plant business with all that work we did. Boxwood grows very slowly, but I'm hoping that I could start training them into various topiary shapes...so, here I am dreaming in my gardening world:)
Hope you have a nice day today...because we did.