There's 10 reasons to grow food in your own garden home:
- It's real fast food! Just walk out into the garden and harvest a meal:)
- You can save money. Because home grown food cost only a fraction of what it cost in the shop.
- It got better taste. Fresh fruit and veggies harvest picked at it's peak readiness taste amazing.
- It will improve your health. Not only garden produce is good for you, gardening is good exercise and can reduce stress and anxiety too.
- It's rewarding. To watch a seed or a transplant grow into a mature food producing plant is very satisfying.
- Self sufficiency. The more self sustaining you are, the less you need to rely on others to ensure your needs are met.
- It gives you the opportunity to connect with nature. Gardening brings you in alignment with nature's life cycle: birds, bees, plants, soil, fungi etc.
- You get access to rare varieties of food. There are so many rare varieties you can plant at home that you can't find at the market.
- A free hobby or entertainment. Although you may invest some money into the garden, the act of gardening is free and enjoyable hobby too.
- Opportunity to leave your hand print. Gardening allows you to leave your hand print where your footprint once was.
This year, I'm hoping that I can give all my best to obtain a better home grown garden and I just can't wait for the warmer weather to come and help me out to fulfill this goal:)
Hope you are looking out to accomplish your goal and be better than me:)