Tuesday 2 April 2013

Showy Primulas


Dear Family & Friends


My husband enjoys cleaning our windows and he does a very thorough job...good and bad...because whenever we have a shiny window, sometimes birds fly into it...just like this one. Fortunately, this one just knocked himself dizzy and stayed in the garden ground for a few minutes to recover, thus we managed to take his photo... and he flew away to where he had to go after that! I hope he is all right after that knock!




There's a lot of gardening job these days...I don't know a lot about gardening, so I google to get a lot of information as I go along my gardening way. Primulas or primroses are starting their show this time of the year.




My little girl and I got two pots from a garden centre....don't they look pretty?





They stayed in the house with us for a while.... before we planted them out.




Because I think they would prefer to join the other garden friends outside...   




I would like to see more of them littered in the garden as they are easy to care for plants. Here's more info:





Family: Primulaceae
Genus: Primula (PRIM-yew-luh)
Species: japonica (juh-PON-ih-kuh)

Category:
Alpines and Rock Gardens, Perennials

Height:
18-24 in. (45-60 cm)

Spacing:
15-18 in. (38-45 cm)

Sun Exposure:
Light Shade

Bloom Color:
Pink,Red,Purple,White/Near White

Bloom Time:
Late Spring/Early Summer

Other details:
Requires consistently moist soil; do not let dry out between waterings

Propagation Methods:
By dividing the rootball
From seed; winter sow in vented containers, coldframe or unheated greenhouse
From seed; sow indoors before last frost

Seed Collecting:
Allow pods to dry on plant; break open to collect seeds

Read more: http://davesgarden.com


Hope you all had a nice Easter Holiday....Did you know that in Eastern Europe, we will start our Easter next week? Yes, it's delayed by a week... I think its because we live in a bit backward society?? :D  

Whatever you do, keep happy. As for me, I'm going back to do some more gardening:)

Yours


5 comments:

  1. Poor birdie ! I hope he's alright ! Beautiful flowers , love the vivid colors .....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Annie, beautiful flowers. Enjoy your gardening with your girls. The poor bird!

    Have a wonderful week ahead,regards.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Although I do not have the time to reply to everyone of them on a constant basis, but, I do read every comment and appreciate it all.