Friday 27 May 2016

More Tomatoes to Come This Year

Dear Family & Friends

Now's the time to start growing tomatoes. Every year we grow plenty tomatoes...it's a plant that does very well in this country. I am starting to think that you can never kill a tomato plant. Few years back, I meticulously and purposely sow lots of tomatoes indoor with care as early as January (mid winter). ..but hah! confidence is getting better of me...or is it laziness?? I don't do those things anymore...I now sow them as late as end of March outdoor, as 'few' as I could, because there's always volunteers growing somewhere in the garden later on.
Some of last year's last tomato fruits harvest, lining up to get ripened a bit more

This year, I thought I got very self controlled because I only sow a couple of seeds per tomato variety that we like...I counted a total of about 25 plants. BUT....a neighbour insisted that we have their spare tomatoes plants because they are specially handpicked and this variety bears fruit all the way to late autumn...so I gladly received it! When our village people gives...it comes in volume! I received more than I sowed!!  Not ungrateful...but I can see that we will have a big glut of tomatoes harvest again this year...just as we have every year!! Hmmm.... I think I should start a new career as tomato vendor!

our organic tomato comes in odd shapes and sizes
Hope you have a beautiful day...ideally a wonderful gardening day too!

Yours

2 comments:

  1. Hi Annie, I envy your bountiful harvest of tomatoes. I think I am going to sow some too. Ha ha...the organic tomato has a funny face, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love growing them, ~I'm trying a big experiment this year with some outside. I've got about 10 varieties in this year and I need to do so serious seed saving so I don't need to buy these seeds again. Most have come from seed swaps - Black russian should be good again this year.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Although I do not have the time to reply to everyone of them on a constant basis, but, I do read every comment and appreciate it all.