Saturday 30 May 2020

Time for berries once again


Dear Family & Friends

It's such a beautiful time of the year. I went out in the garden and noted that soon we will be enjoying the berries that I've planted. Besides our free roaming garden tortoise, I know of one particular pretty girl in our home that gets very excited over berries too!

new shoots of raspberry plants growing happily

This year I learned more about the importance of pruning raspberries in autumn. I have this idea that cutting it back will make me loose my plants... I was wrong but I learn as I go. I think I will have better and more raspberry plants now that I understand the logic of it's growing ways:)

Can you see the emergence of fruit from our first mulberry tree?

Just last year, we moved a self-planted mulberry tree to my mini orchard area and I noticed that it's starting to bear lots of tiny fruits. It's our first very own mulberry tree, although I'm not sure if it's a white or black fruit variety. Whatever it will be is OK, at least this time we won't need to go out in the forest to gather mulberries anymore:)

flowering strawberry plant along with green fruit developing

Although we love sharing our berries to our tortoise, I decided to secured this one strawberry bed where the fruits will be protected to ripen to it's full stage and for us people to enjoy some too:) We're not accepting half eaten strawberry deal from our tortoise this year:)

this one got lots more fruits - yet to ripen:)

If ever, this will be our good strawberry harvest as I noticed a lot of fruits already developing and more flowers are still coming on:) We'll have plenty to pick and share it to our tortoise too:)

also a berry plant - gojiberry - will fruit later in late summer

We have other berry plants to look forward to. Just look at this particular goji berry...it's gone wild . I need to give it a nice trimming before it starts setting it's fruit flowers. I've just got to keep working so we can enjoy eating lots of different berries!

Enjoy your day and stay happy.

Yours

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Although I do not have the time to reply to everyone of them on a constant basis, but, I do read every comment and appreciate it all.