Dear Family & Friends
Recently someone is our home wasn't feeling good due to sore throat that he completely lost his voice. Our home was quieter then;P Perhaps his recent food indulgence on rich, oily or spicy food took the toil. So, it was time to clear the stomach and cook simple comfort food like congee. With added cups of herbal teas from the garden, he got back his voice back in no time.
|a bowl of Chinese congee|
As I was given a very special and unusual gift of 'century eggs' by my clever daughter - I decided to cook and share a nice treat for everyone. A dish of chinese congee with century egg. It's nice for people who are on the mend and always a comfort food for me:)
- Wash 1/2 cup of white jasmine rice and soak for at least an hour.
- Drain the rice and marinate it with 1/2 tsp salt and 1 tsp of cooking oil.
- Marinate also 1 cup of minced pork with 1/2 tbsp of cornstarch and pinch of salt. set aside.
- In a pot, bring 2.5 liters of water or stock to boil, then add the rice. After 10 minutes, turn down the fire to simmer for 40 minutes till rice is broken. Stir several times to avoid rice sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Place the marinated pork and 1 peeled and chopped up century egg in with the boiled rice and continue to simmer for 5-8 minutes on medium heat.
- Transfer into serving bowl and sprinkle with chopped spring onion and coriander. Serve and enjoy!
Easy to make and as always enjoy every good meal with your family too.