Wednesday 12 September 2012

Granny's flower crochet needs new leaves

Last week, when we went to visit a recent friend, aside from the unfinished vintage crochet lace I inherited... I also became a recipient of a 40+ year old child's bed crocheted cover!




It's beautiful! I can understand the value of crochet workmanship and to think of the many hours it took to finish this!!






Unfortunately, some of the green leaves surrounding the flowers got worn out....but it's something that I could H A P P I L Y  fix!





Another "can't wait" to get my hands on to.... I start fidgeting with great excitement just thinking about it!! but... I have to contain myself...after all, I'm still working on something else...yes, my daisy white flower crochet with red background...it's coming along good...so far, got 81 flowers done...with 300 more to go?? who knows...! :)

Hopefully I could post and show you the finished work soon... 



6 comments:

  1. Oh? Can repair? I thought once it's spoilt, it is good for using as rags for wiping the floor or something already?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aiyo Arthur...the older the 'things' get...the more valuable it becomes...you pay big price for 'antiques' in this part of the world you know ;P ...not sure if it applys to people ...?!

      Delete
  2. Who says only older person enjoys this hobby ?! I don't consider you old , btw ;D Great job , Annie ! And goodluck on that ongoing project !

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful old child's bed crocheted cover! you are lucky !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After mending it, it can be put to use for many years to come.. once again:)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Although I do not have the time to reply to everyone of them on a constant basis, but, I do read every comment and appreciate it all.