Monday 14 January 2013

Making Pasties

My Dear Lovely Daughters,

You both know how our family like pasties a lot! I'm sorry I don't do it often as it is time consuming but it's not difficult to make...



The pastry dough that I use is suitable for pie crust and for this pasties. Here's how:


Pastry Crust:
2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
2 Tbsp sugar
1/2 cup oil

Mix everything in a bowl till it resembles bread crumbs. Then add about 2 Tbsp cold water or more, just to bind them all together to form a non-sticky dough.

Sprinkle some flour unto the rolling mat. Pinch about a ping pong size ball dough and roll it into round flat...as thin as you could get it.


Then, fill the rolled out dough with fillings of your choice. Here I precooked cubed potatoes with beans and chicken, and flavoured with curry and spices. You can vary the fillings with your choice of veggies or meat.



Fold up the pastry to form a semi circle shape.



Seal it by crimping the edges. Brush the top with a beaten egg to give it a bit of colour once cooked. Place them on a baking tray.


Bake it in a preheated oven 200C for about 20 to 30 minutes. It's done:)




Remember how delicious I served it with homemade sauce? It was made with green tomatoes sweet and sour sauce for that particular day. How I appreciate all your gratefulness... and it was nice for me to see the satisfaction on your little faces too:)

Next time, my lovely daughters, you know how to do some pasties after reading mummy's letter today...FOR SURE!!

Stay lovely and true always,

Love Lots,

Mummy (Annie) XOX 


2 comments:

  1. Hi Annie, your pastry sure look awesome. The filling too look superb. Wish I can have some right now, got coffee? :)

    Have a great week ahead,regards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo...that looks good! Ahhhh!!! You make your own pastry too. I do that as well. Not a fan of the frozen ones sold at the supermarts. Not so nice. I use butter in mine - not so healthy but oooo...the fragrance! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Although I do not have the time to reply to everyone of them on a constant basis, but, I do read every comment and appreciate it all.