Friday 13 June 2014

Crispy Sage Leaves Snack Recipe

Dear Family & Friends

The sage plant in the herb garden have been giving us lots of leaves.We use it to flavour cooked meals and make herbal tea drinks too. Then, I searched for more ways that we can use them and found this recipe.

Crispy Sage Snack


Ingredients: (adapted from www.cookingwithpatty.com)
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp. cold water
10-12 big sage leaves or about 30 small ones
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil for frying
sea salt
Instructions:
1. Wash the leaves and dry them on a kitchen towel.
2. Whisk the water into sifted flour and mix until the batter becomes smooth.
3. Warm up the oil in a nonstick skillet. Dip the leaves in the batter and let the extra batter drip off.
4. Fry the sage leaves on one side until crispy and light golden and then fry them on the other side.
5. Place them on a paper towel and sprinkle them with a little bit of salt. Serve warm. 

These are good...but I find it a bit fiddly...time consuming thing to do. I'm not very keen on deep frying food either, but it's worth a try!

Sage leaves got strong flavour to it.

Yes, the sage tempura didn't last long on the plate. After all, who wouldn't love a crispy tasty snack?

Hope you have a lovely day.

Yours

1 comment:

  1. I love to try this recipe! I don't have a sage plant but neighbor has it. I'm sure she will share with me.

    Good to be back home!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Although I do not have the time to reply to everyone of them on a constant basis, but, I do read every comment and appreciate it all.